Now that the 8th British & Irish Film Season (BIFS) is finished for another year, we can look back on a hugely positive event that attracted almost 1,200 people who watched 16 films over 11 days, with special guests coming over for 9 of those films. Members of the Irish Club held an outing to see The Secret Scripture, following a meal: Jim Sheridan’s latest film went on to win the festival’s Audience Award.
Looking forward, the Irish Club of Luxembourg is looking forward to supporting and organising a range of events, the scope of which has been widened to include social, cultural, tourism-related, educational and sporting activities. Members can suggest events and propose a budget to the committee who can then take it on board for consideration.
– Children’s Christmas Party on Sunday 10 December at the BlackStuff Irish Pub at 14:30 – see www.irishclub.lu
– Christmas Roast Lunch on Sunday the 17th December 12.30 at Oscar’s reserve: email@example.com
– St Patrick’s event – we are currently looking at what format the event should take
– Relais pour la Vie – the Irish Club will organise Team Ireland again on the weekend of the 24-25 March 2018
– Sponsored Walk – Sunday 24 April – Save the Date!
Also, we are looking at updating / replacing our club logo – so if any member has an eye for a catchy design, please contact us with your ideas (email: committee
Mise le meas,
Geoff Thompson, President of the Irish Club of Luxembourg
Upcoming Club EventsNo Events
Events organised by other Irish organisations in Luxembourg