Letter from the President
Irish Club of Luxembourg: Events in March-May 2019
The committee of Irish Club of Luxembourg (ICL) has met this Spring and has planned a series of events over the next couple of months.
While the Ski Trip did not take place due to lack of confirmed numbers, the club did meet for a Sunday Roast lunch in January and there is a very busy programme over March – May 2019.
– Monday 18 March 2019: St Patrick’s Screening in collaboration with the British & Irish Film Season (BIFS) which is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year. The comedy drama “Metal Heart” was screened at Ciné Utopia.
– Saturday 24 – Sunday 25 March 2019: Relais pour la vie. Team Ireland participated in the relay at the Coque in Kirchberg In aid of cancer research, over 25 hours.
– Thursday 4 April 2019: Fundraising Table Quiz – at Eirelux Irish pub in Howald where “Pyg Ignorant” scooped the top prize!
– Sunday 28 Apr 2019: Sponsored Walk – in woodlands behind Mamer. Meet at the “Thermes Romains” car park, Rue de Mersch, L-8081 Mamer, at 15:15 for a 15:30 start. This event will support again this year The Blue Teapot Theatre in Galway for people with intellectual disabilities.
– Wednesday 15 May 2019: Annual General Meeting at Oscars in Luxembourg-Grund at 19:00. More details nearer the time
– Saturday 15 June 2019: Wine Tour & Tasting at Bernard-Massard in Grevenmacher from 10:30, followed by a meal – details to be announced shortly…
Full details of all events will be published in advance.
For full details, see www.irishclub.lu
Mise le meas,
Geoff Thompson, President of the Irish Club of Luxembourg.
Upcoming Club Events
To see the complete list of events go to the Events page and for updates about anything go to the Club News page.
Events organised by other Irish organisations in Luxembourg